Mixed Beverage Sales


New permittee?

Click here to view our new permittee information packet.

What does "Mixed Beverage" mean?
The term "Mixed Beverage" means (at least to us) sales to restaurants, private clubs, etc. These businesses, called "permittees" pay an additional tax over what retail patrons pay for spirits. This additional tax amounts to $3.75 per .75 liter bottle. In Mecklenburg County, there are approximately 1,000 establishments licensed by the state of North Carolina to sell distilled spirits "by the drink" on their premises.

Establishments purchase their spirits by calling in or faxing orders to our central Mixed Beverage outlet (located at 3333 N. Tryon St., Charlotte, NC 28206). We also have an option to submit orders through the web using the "e-licensee" tab in the main navigation tabs of this site. 

The Mecklenburg County ABC Board offers twenty-six locations to serve our permittees. Permittees are assigned one of these pick up locations based on the establishment's zip code. Permittees may request a different location by submitting their preference, in writing, to our Mixed Beverage Manager, Dennis Baker: 3333 North Tryon Street, Charlotte, NC 28206; or e-mail at store19@meckabc.com.

Hours of Operation
Central Mixed Beverage Operation hours are 9:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. Monday - Thursday, and 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Friday and Saturday.

We are proud to offer our customers same-day service. Orders received by 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday are available for pick-up by 7:00 p.m. On Fridays and Saturdays, orders received by 3:00 p.m. are available for pick-up by 5:00 p.m. 

Forms of Payment Accepted
We accept cash, money orders, debit cards, credit cards and Fintech at all our Mixed Beverage locations. We also accept company checks ONLY if they have an original letter of credit from the bank on file.

*Attention all Permittees: New NCGA Mandate Information*
In an effort to address the growing issue of Human Trafficking, the North Carolina General Assembly mandated that the Human Trafficking Commission develop a poster and make it available to certain establishments for mandatory display. These specific employers are required to display the poster “on the premises in a place that is clearly conspicuous and visible to employees.” The list of employers who must display the posters includes ABC Permittees (any business who has an ABC permit).

The link to the poster can be found here.