Here are some tutorials to help you create and manage an account in the Foundant Online Grant System as well as apply for funding with the Mecklenburg County ABC Board.
Watch these helpful video tutorials:
Video Tutorial 1: Site Access & Account Creation
Video Tutorial 2: Applying For Funding
Video Tutorial 3: Your Applicant Dashboard
If you prefer, you can read about the Foundant Online Grant System at this Applicant Tutorial.
How to Apply
If you are a first-time applicant or new to the online grant system, review the helpful Applicant Tutorials prior to creating or managing your account in the Foundant Online Grant System.
If your organization is applying online with the Mecklenburg County ABC Board for the first time, you will need the following information to get started:
- A username that is an email address
- Your contact information
- Your organization’s information, including the EIN/Tax ID number (required)
- Contact information for the organization’s Executive Officer
Managing Your Account
Once your account is set up, your account dashboard is displayed on screen every time you log in. From the dashboard, you can do the following:
- Edit your contact information
- Begin the application process
- Access application drafts and submitted applications
- View details and complete the report process for grant award
What else can I do in Foundant?
In addition to applying for a grant, you will also be able to:
- Review your organization’s grant history
- Fill out and submit progress and final reports
- Track your grant application process
- Communicate with the Mecklenburg County ABC Board Grant Administration Staff when needed
- Edit and update your organization’s contact information
Online Grants Management System
To increase grant application efficiency and to communicate on a timelier basis, the ABC Board has implemented Foundant, an Online Grants Management System. Among the many benefits it offers, applicants will appreciate having the ability to:
- Control organizational contact information
- Draft, save and submit online applications
- Upload documents and reports
- Review the agency’s grant history with the ABC Board
Before geting started, all applicants are encouraged to review How to Get Started in Foundant, below, and read the FAQ page.
Grantmaking Focus Areas
For the Community Health & Wellness Grant Program, please carefully review the ABC Board’s grantmaking focus areas. Grant program specific information is provided on the drop-down tab for each program as follows:
Small Grant Program
Annual Grant Program
Renewal Grant Program
Need More Help?
ABC Board staff are here to help with your eligibility, programmatic, and technical questions prior to and during the grant cycle.
Virtual pre-grant information workshops will be held in the coming months. Please check back for specific dates and to register your organization. These workshops are for any organization intending to apply to the FY 2024 Small Grant Program, Annual Grant Program, or Renewal Grant Program. All current and past grant partners and new nonprofits intending to apply are highly encouraged to attend. A recorded video of the workshops will be made available on our website.
To assist nonprofit organizations that have no to limited grant writing experience or simply need a refresher, the ABC Board offers two webinars on basic grant writing and basic budget development which may be helpful in preparing your application. Click HERE to view the recorded webinars.
Please contact Julia Paul, Director, Community Engagement and External Relations, with any questions at Julia.Paul@meckabc.com.