FY 2021 RENEWAL GRANT PROGRAM
The Renewal Grant Program is new this year for all previous year grantees – both annual and multi-year ending June 2020 – who are in good standing with the ABC Board.
The Renewal Grant Program is designed to provide a simpler application process for trusted partners. Renewal grants are considered step-down funding to help organizations become less reliant on ABC Board funding and take initiative to secure new funding for their important projects/programs.
WHAT GRANTEES NEED TO KNOW
This information can also be found in the process summary of the Renewal Grant Program application in Foundant.
- Renewal funding is for proven existing projects/programs with no significant or major changes.
- Priority preference will be given to projects/programs that focus on underserved populations.
- Renewal grants are step-down funding from previous grant years. Grants will be awarded up to $75,000 for FY 2021 (up to $50,000 for FY 2022 and beyond), depending on and in alignment with the applicant's proposed project/program and at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
- Evidence of a minimum of three (3) consecutive years of demonstrated organization strength in leadership, track record and sustainability results.
- An independent audit completed by a licensed certified public accountant within two (2) years (2017 or 2018 audits accepted only). There will be no exceptions.
- All renewal grants are for a one-year project period, including previous multi-year grants.
- Both annual and multi-year grants moving into the renewal process are evaluated against each other in a competitive process.
- In addition to other measures, grant evaluation looks for demonstrated compliance and adequate project/program progress in relation to proposed outcomes in considering the renewal.
- A site visit is not required for the grant evaluation process; however, a site visit may be requested, at the discretion of the ABC Board, during the grant period.
- Only two (2) semi-annual reports are required; one (1) at the 6-month interval and one (1) at the end of the grant period.
- As always, human interest stories and photos are required to share the good work of the grantees and the ABC Board.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE APPLICATION
Getting started means getting organized! This will help applicants to prepare a better grant application.
Begin by updating any information in Foundant that may have changed. It’s important to keep contact information current so that communications from the ABC Board are not missed. Go to the ABC Board’s online grants management system at Foundant to make updates to the organization’s profile.
Invitation to Apply
Current grantees will be invited to apply and receive a link to the grant application in Foundant. This link will come via email through Foundant to both the Executive Director/CEO and the primary contact, if different.
Required Application Documents
Prior to beginning the application, be sure to download and carefully read the Renewal Grant Program documents. By previewing the documents there will be no surprises and the application process will go more smoothly. Links to all documents are found in the application in Foundant. These documents include:
Required Supporting Documents
Collect other required supporting documents in electronic file format that will need to be uploaded in the application process. These documents include:
- Most current 501(c)(3) IRS Determination Letter/Letter of Proof
accepted only – no exceptions)
- Independent audit completed by a licensed certified public accountant within two (2) years (2017 or 2018 audits
- Board Approved Annual Organization Budgets (both current & previous year)
- For assistance with any technical problems in the grant application process, contact Terry Albanese, Contract Program Officer, at email@example.com