FY 2021 SMALL GRANT PROGRAM
The Small Grant Program is new this year and the ABC Board is excited to offer this grant opportunity to the community. The Small Grant Program is designed to allow qualifying smaller non-profits and those who have not partnered with the ABC Board in the past an opportunity to apply for funding to reduce or prevent alcohol and/or substance abuse (substance use disorder) in their target populations.
WHAT APPLICANTS NEED TO KNOW
This information can also be found in the process summary of the Small Grant Program application in Foundant.
Eligible organizations are/have:
- Funding is only available for education and prevention of alcohol and/or substance abuse (substance use disorder) per Chapter 18B-805 (h) of the North Carolina General Statutes. These guidelines will be strictly followed.
- Priority preference will be given to projects that focus on target populations in the 11-26 year age range.
- The ABC Board is interested in new projects that show innovation in reaching the identified target population.
- Grants will be awarded in the $500 to $5,000 range, depending on and in alignment with the applicant's proposed project and at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
- Only one (1) report is required at the end of the grant period; a 6-month status check will be conducted by phone call with the ABC Board.
- As always, human interest stories and photos are required to share the good work of the grantees and the ABC Board.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE APPLICATION
Getting started means getting organized! This will help applicants to prepare a better grant application.
Begin by creating an Organization Account. Go to the ABC Board’s online grants management system at Foundant. Select one (1) login email address/password to be used for all submissions. Provide the email address of the person ultimately responsible for grant administration. The Mecklenburg County ABC Board Grant Administration Staff will communicate all pertinent information to this email address. It’s important to keep contact information current so that communications from the ABC Board are not missed. Changes can be made to the organization’s profile at any time.
The grant application for the Small Grant Program can be found at Foundant. Be sure to select the correct application process for the Small Grant Program. Failure to do so will disqualify the applicant from the grant cycle (for example, if the applicant applies for a small grant under the Annual Grant Program application process).
Required Application Documents
Prior to beginning the application, be sure to download and carefully read the Small Grant Program documents. By previewing the documents there will be no surprises and the application process will go more smoothly. Links to all documents are found in the application in Foundant. These documents include:
Required Supporting Documents
Collect other required supporting documents in electronic file format that will need to be uploaded in the application process. These documents include:
- Most current 501(c)(3) IRS Determination Letter/Letter of Proof
- An independent audit completed by a licensed certified public accountant within two (2) years (2017 or 2018 audits accepted only) – OR – the organization’s two (2) most recently filed 990 full version – OR – the organization’s three (3) most recently filed 990-EZ
- Board Approved Annual Organization Budgets (both current & previous year)
- Most current Board of Directors Roster
- For assistance with any technical problems in the grant application process, contact Terry Albanese, Contract Program Officer, at email@example.com