FY 2021-22 MULTI-YEAR GRANT PROGRAM
The Multi-Year Grant Program is a long-standing grant opportunity provided by the Mecklenburg County ABC Board. Eligible organizations are encouraged to submit proposals that bring important programming to those populations served by the organization. Together, partner grantee organizations and the ABC Board can have a positive impact on the community.
WHAT APPLICANTS NEED TO KNOW
This information can also be found in the process summary of the Multi-Year Grant Program application in Foundant.
Eligible organizations are/have:
- Funding is only available for education, prevention, treatment and/or research of alcohol and/or substance abuse (substance use disorder) per Chapter 18B-805 (h) of the North Carolina General Statutes. These guidelines will be strictly followed.
- Priority preference will be given to projects/programs that focus on underserved populations.
- The ABC Board is interested in new projects/programs that show innovation in reaching the identified target population.
- Grants will be awarded up to $200,000 for a two-year project period, depending on and in alignment with the applicant's proposed project and at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
- Only those organizations that move to the final evaluation stage will be contacted for a required site visit.
- For each year of the grant, two (2) semi-annual reports are required; one (1) at the 6-month interval and one (1) at the end of the grant period.
- As always, human interest stories and photos are required to share the good work of the grantees and the ABC Board.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE APPLICATION
Getting started means getting organized! This will help applicants to prepare a better grant application.
Begin by creating an Organization Account (if the applicant organization currently has an account – do not create a duplicate – simply enter the system as typically done). Go to the ABC Board’s online grants management system at Foundant. Select one (1) login email address/password to be used for all submissions. Provide the email address of the person ultimately responsible for grant administration. The ABC Board Grant Administration Staff will communicate all pertinent information to this email address. It’s important to keep contact information current so that communications from the ABC Board are not missed. Changes can be made to the organization’s profile at any time.
The grant application for the Multi-Year Grant Program can be found at Foundant. Be sure to select the correct application process for the Multi-Year Grant Program. Failure to do so will disqualify the applicant from the grant cycle (for example, if the applicant applies for a multi-year grant under the Annual Grant Program application process).
Required Application Documents
Prior to beginning the application, be sure to download and carefully read the Multi-Year Grant Program documents. By previewing the documents there will be no surprises and the application process will go more smoothly. Links to all documents are found in the application in Foundant. These documents include:
Required Supporting Documents
Collect other required supporting documents in electronic file format that will need to be uploaded in the application process. These documents include:
- Most current 501(c)(3) IRS Determination Letter/Letter of Proof
- Independent audit completed by a licensed certified public accountant within two (2) years
(2017 or 2018 audits accepted only – no exceptions)
- Board Approved Annual Organization Budgets (both current & previous year)
- Most current Board of Directors Roster
- For assistance with any technical problems in the grant application process, contact Terry Albanese, Contract Program Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org